Skip to main content

My thank you note for 2021

My language journey in 2021 

2021 was filled with a lot of different experiences. This year I was able to immerse myself in the Chinese language in the comfort of my own home, I also discovered the importance of getting free flow immersion, and this led me to find a lot of amazing shows, podcasts and music.

The best things I found for free flow immersion this year:  

Artists: Gong, Shi Shi, Piggy, Waa Wei, Rainie Yang, WayV, Kun, Deca Joins, Good Band, Karencici and more.

Shows: Find Yourself, Well intended love, Variations of Moonlight, Big Fish and Begonia, and the one that taught me the most: Chuang 2021

Podcasts: Chillchat Chinese, 沒在客氣, 台女又怎樣, talk to me in Chinese, and Shameless Sisters.

Another thing I started to do this year, was to self-study and let's just say it was not easy, but I really enjoyed it. I self-studied for my HSK3 certificate, and it was a great experience, at the same time I started to self-study simplified Chinese and I hope to continue this in 2022.

But the best experience I had this year was this blog and my Instagram account, these two things have led me to find a lot more motivation and new study methods. I also love sharing all about my experiences with the Chinese language. I'm really grateful for the Chinese learning community, I find it quite helpful and inspiring, and everyone is super nice and welcoming. I just wanted to thank you all for being on this journey with me. Thank you for all your tips and encouragement.

新年快樂!祝大家一天比一天好,一年比一年好。


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The key to remember characters

Chinese Characters Chinese language has something quite especial about it; you are probably already thinking about its main difference from other languages, and it's one of the differences that make Chinese quite different from western languages. This difference I'm mentioning is the fact that it doesn't have an alphabet; instead it has characters. There is not an exact quantity of Chinese characters, it's belief that there are around 7000 different characters. But in reality only 2500 to 3500 characters are used, which is still a lot, but there's no reason to fear them, because they are actually quite interesting and filled with history. How to remember characters  The following tips come from my own experience which might work for you, but it's important to mention that everybody is different, in my case I have a good memory which has really helped me, but as I move through the intermediate level I'm starting to need more study hours. Immersion, the reason...

Manhuas, a game changer for improving your reading

How to use Manhuas to practice Chinese Improving your reading skills There are many ways to improve your Chinese skills, but when it comes to reading it's all about practice and constant immersion in the Chinese language, there are a lot of different resources that you can try like: books, articles, newspapers but the one I'm going to be focusing on this blog is practicing your reading through Manhuas (which are basically comics). Where can you find Manhuas? So there are a lot of different places where you can find them, for example if you want a physical copy you can find some on Amazon, but there's not a lot of variety, so the best options will be to read them online: there are some platforms that you can use for example: bilibili 漫画  or Webtoon , these two are both web platforms and Apps, so you can use them in the format that you prefer.  They are both free and quite easy to use, they quite similar, but the content in each one is quite different, another thing that is...

有面子什麼意思?

 The meaning of "Have face"  You probably have heard the question 你有沒有面子? or some variation of it. This expression is really popular, and it's often used in TV shows, videos, movies, etc. The direct translations of 面子 is face, but in most cases that's not the meaning that they are referring to. In most cases this expression refers to someone's reputation, honor or pride. But depending on the situation, the meaning can slightly change.  Common Phrases  To care about your reputation / have a reputation   - 有面子 : To have a reputation. This reputation has been giving to you because of the power you hold or your place in society.  -面子很大 : To be well respected by people (have a big reputation). Usually this expression refers to someone that's famous, rich or simply someone that's perceived positively by people. -愛面子 : Someone who really cares about their reputation and they are constantly trying to protect it.  -要面子 : Someone who is constantly protecting th...